• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

teeth problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quavers

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i think little Roo might have teeth problems :-\ i watched him these past 2 days and ive noticed he seems to be quite uncomfortable with his mouth he keeps moving it (when hes not eating) like hes trying to rearange it or something :-\ an then sits with his mouth open most of the time :-\ hes still eating though so I'm slightly confused any heelp appreciated

He might need his teeth trimmed or something else may be wrong with his mouth. He's not got anything stuck in his teeth has he?

Only other thing I can suggest is a trip to the vet. :-\

i will make an apointmant at the vets tomorrow for a check up at least then my mind will be at ease and i can stop worrying about him

aww poor little guy, although guinea pigs do grind their teeth, and duke sits with his mouth open (he's got a big droopy bottom lip!)..he's 9 months old. if it sounds like that perhaps its just him being normal, but if your worried then yeah get him to your vet to have a look :)

i think piggies grind their teeth anyway, mine are always doing it.

Hmm... yes, one of mine always has his jaw going, I'm so used to it I never thought that might be what you meant. If he's eating okay and doesn't seem to have trouble chewing, he's probably just fine.

hes fine :D took him to the vets today just for a checkup to make sure and so that i could stop worrying lol and the vet says his teeth are fine so thats me happy now ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back