• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

teeth help please

• Thread starter Thread starter emma2009
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

emma2009

hi was just wanting to know do guinea pigs need their teeth clipped . ive had fudge since january and I'm not sure what age she is from ive got her shes never had her teeth clipped she eats and drinks do you think she needs them done are should i just leave them ?

please let me know

leave then alone if they are fine. Mine are 5 now and have never had their teeth clipped.

As Becky said, unless you are concerned for any reason, in which case see your Vet.
They shouldn't need doing. Lots of things to chew, hay and pellets/muesli should keep them trim. :)

agree with both above, they only need clipping if there is a problem which you would notice by food not being eaten, weightloss or dampness around the mouth and chin. if she is eating normally etc then there is no need for teeth to be clipped, as long as she has plenty of hay/pellets/toys/chews/fresh food then she shouldnt have any problems 2 of mine are 5 1/2 years old and so far have never had probs with the teeth :)

Lots of hay and grass to promote the correct chewing action certainly helps :) A grinding noise is one of the signs too but it canmean other things :) Mine don't have wood chews etc just lots of hay and grass though if there are dental probs they can't eat these anyway. Monitor them if they have a reduced food intake for a while- maybe if they're ill.

hi thanks for all your help

sounds to me like fudges teeth dont need clipped

thnak you :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back