Teeth chattering

andythepirate

New Born Pup
Reaction score
i know teeth chattering most of the time means discontent or they are angry at whats happening. but why would my guinea pig be chattering while on my lap laying down perfectly calm giving me kisses and everything. is she upset?

Your guinea pig is most likely irritated or is in distress. It most likely isn't you making your piggie upset. Do you have any other larger pets in your room like a dog or cat that might be stressing her/him out? You might also be touching your piggie in a spot they don't like. Avoid touching them on their behind and on their belly.

Your guinea pig is most likely irritated or is in distress. It most likely isn't you making your piggie upset. Do you have any other larger pets in your room like a dog or cat that might be stressing her/him out? You might also be touching your piggie in a spot they don't like. Avoid touching them on their behind and on their belly.
my boyfriend was listening to loud tik toks i told him to turn it down and she didnt do it anymore i think it was all the noise. she was just laying on my lap i only pet her head an ears because this piggy (Bj) is very skittish and loves her some ear rubs

Good! Glad you figured it out. Guinea pigs have very (VERY) sensitive hearing and any noise can set them off.

i know teeth chattering most of the time means discontent or they are angry at whats happening. but why would my guinea pig be chattering while on my lap laying down perfectly calm giving me kisses and everything. is she upset?

She is probably irritated. Licking can mean appeasement rather than love so once she feels that she has done her part to keep you happy, she may want her own wish of being returned to the cage heeded... ;)

She is probably irritated. Licking can mean appeasement rather than love so once she feels that she has done her part to keep you happy, she may want her own wish of being returned to the cage heeded... ;)

Agreed - my old boar Honey used to ask to be put back by chattering. Well, the agreement was that he'd chatter and I'd let him go home :))

Back