Teddy bears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cb1994

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have heard that guinea pigs love stuffed toys but * have to be careful because the stuffing i was wondering if is a place that does a guinea pig friendly teddy or can i just but hay in one

Any stuffed guinea pig sized soft toy will do (boars tend to prefer something they can hump), but you'd better remove anything that they can chew off easily, like glass eyes. I know that the rat one from Ikea is quite a hit with rescues that do a lot of boar bonding!

Ultimately, a live companion is the best, but especially with boars it is important that they are character compatible. There are good rescues that will bond boars under expert supervision, so you are not running the risk of ending up with two boys that don't get on.

From what I've seen on the forum a lot of hoo-mans have teddies on or in the cage, I think they are there to keep the Piggies company or for decoration.

Check out Mr Bailee Boy because his loving hoo-man has given him a mirror and teddies to keep him company.
:) if you want to use them probably cut off any tags so the babies can't munch on it. And check any toys over regularly if the pigs have decided to munch on them.

My silly boys were scared of the stuffed guinea pig toy I put in their cage so I took it out in case it caused them to fight or something! They were rumble strutting round it and then running away to hide !

My silly boys were scared of the stuffed guinea pig toy I put in their cage so I took it out in case it caused them to fight or something! They were rumble strutting round it and then running away to hide !

Haa haa, aaaw bless them! That sounds so cute though :p

"What is it?"
"I dunno :s"
"Show it who's boss!"
*RUMBLE RUMBLE* "My powers aren't working!"
"RUN AWAAAYY!"

To answer cb1994 I'm not sure myself, I think most people use regular stuffed toys and just keep a close eye on their piggies. If yours are particularly chewy than maybe soft toys aren't the best. I dunno if dog or cat toys could work? Those don't have stuffing in most of the time. I would check with someone who knows a bit more about pigs first though x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back