Taming The Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziva

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Help please!

The boys are settled in that they're happy in their hutch and in run time. When I put the veggies in they'll come and grab them and run back into their bedrooms. But generally they run away from me whenever I'm weird. I want to get to the point where I pick them up for cuddles but I don't know how to do that! At the moment, I don't pick them up at all. Tips?

I don't think any guimea pig likes or will willingly be picked up. Try putting a cosy or something similar down for them to go in and then bring them out in that.there is a link in here somewhere that will help but I don't know how to do it, I'm pretty sure someone else will be along though and be able to direct you there through a link

Two of my girls I've had for almost a year now and none of them like being picked up still. I always pick them up using a carrier or cosy :)

Another way for them to get used to you is taking food from your hands. It might take them a while but it will let them associate you with yummy food and start to trust you :)

All of ours run off when you go to pick them up, the only one that didn't was Sheamus who sadly passed away in April. Funny thing is, once you pick them up they sit there quite happy, licking you lol, one of them purrs as well.

I agree! Out of my 16 there is only Dennis who will stand still whilst I pick him up, the rest trundle off and make me work! :P :P

It seems quite normal for them to escape being picked up ,I get my girls in there house and lift it out , my boys are easier to get if I can give them a little stroke and then I pick them up , they are still not keen on it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back