Taking tips :>

Maple&Honey4realz

New Born Pup
Reaction score
There first cleaning is coming up and I want to make them the most comfortable when I have to move them, they are super swet and are very social but I’ll take any tips you got. and you can even send me tips in general about Owning Piggies (Female or not)

You can maybe put them in with a bit of their old bedding when you move them. Depending where you put them, you could give them some hides as well. I used to just clean around mine. They’d shift to one side while I sorted the other. Then swapped round. They were kind of curious and would venture over sometimes.

There are loads of guides in the first link below.
New Owners' Essential Information and Practical Tips Starter Collection
Sows: Behaviour and female health problems (including ovarian cysts)
When Sows Experience A Strong Season (videos)
Dominance Behaviours In Guinea Pigs
Bonds In Trouble

At the start I always cleaned only half the cage, but of course this will depend a bit on your set up.
I would leave them in the cage and replace bedding from one half only.
That way the cage always smelt of them and I didn't have to remove them.

:agr: and did the same. I’ve never removed mine from their enclosure when cleaning. I was just slow and steady in the early weeks/months but theyve got used to it over the years and now try to get involved!

:agr:
They will definitely want to get involved eventually. Mine will quite happily tip over any rubbish bags the second I turn away from them. Or they will persistently sit on fleece that I'm trying to remove. I had to physically move my Rufus away from me today, so that I could clean up 😂

Back