• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Taking guinea pig alone to vets

Piggies2023

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi

I have two pigs who normally would go to the vets together. Pumpkin needs to go for a scan- looks likely she has the same hormonal issues and IC as her sister. Now, in the past I've brought them both always and it feels mean to not bring them both. But Nancy is also having a flare up and I think maybe it's the stress of Pumpkin squeaking in pain, though could be the hormones flying about. As Pumpkin hasn't been very kind to her recently. I don't know if Pumpkin has got IC from accompanying Nancy to the vets but my vet thinks it's hormonal issues.

What I'm wondering is whether I should be leaving Nancy at home but Pumpkin will be at the vets most the day so that seems cruel.

Hi

I have two pigs who normally would go to the vets together. Pumpkin needs to go for a scan- looks likely she has the same hormonal issues and IC as her sister. Now, in the past I've brought them both always and it feels mean to not bring them both. But Nancy is also having a flare up and I think maybe it's the stress of Pumpkin squeaking in pain, though could be the hormones flying about. As Pumpkin hasn't been very kind to her recently. I don't know if Pumpkin has got IC from accompanying Nancy to the vets but my vet thinks it's hormonal issues.

What I'm wondering is whether I should be leaving Nancy at home but Pumpkin will be at the vets most the day so that seems cruel.

If you can, please opt to take them both. It is still less stressful than being separated.

If you can, please opt to take them both. It is still less stressful than being separated.
Okay, thank you. I didn't know if I was unnecessarily stressing out the other pig.

Back