Taking down a hutch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

As you know I have a Lavander Lodge hutch that will not fit through my Shed doo! ::) We have tried taking it down but the screws are stuck fast probably due to some rust in the bad weather. So I wondered was there a product on the market that you could use to put on and that would help loosen the screws?

I want to put the hutch in the shed temporary at the end of April as we are getting some work done in the house. I'm not keen on putting the pigs outdoors as they have been indoors for ages now.

Saying that I will have the pigs in the spare room by then but think I may need to move them as the workman will be in all rooms (we are getting the house rewired.)

Thanks!

Louise
x

WD45 should help, its a spray that loosens up screws and anything tight.

I love the smell too strangely!

Thanks will give it a whirl, got loads of C&C but ideally wanted the boys to go in that and the girls to go in the hutch. :)

This sounds really odd but when i have stuck screws (it happens a lot lol) i give them a whack with a hammer and hey presto they loosen up

Thanks Sarah think Peter gave up too quickly last time...lol ;D

Well the time has come for me to move the pigs. First off they have to go back in the shed because we are getting some noisy DIY done on the house. Peter has insulated the shed and I'm getting heat pads but I think they will be ok.

Not sure the hutch will come down as the screws are soft but I have plenty of C&C for the girls to make a 6x2 cage and large cages for the boys. Would you suggest covering them up of a night with old blankets?

Feel bad for putting them out in the Shed but we are getting electrics done and our last double glazed window fitted so there is not a lot I can do about it. Also Pudsey and Eccles will probably prefer it as they like their own company.

Will take piccies when I'm done hopefully tomorrow weather permitting. :)

Louise
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back