Take The Poll!

Which breed of guinea pig do you like best?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah it's was a hard choice between Abys and Peruvians cos mine are all a cross between them... but i picked abys.

But i love alllll other guinea pigs too! :D

I've had a crested and smooth coat before too...

Just saying, please don't be offended! I was just doing this for fun. I would have out an "All of them" Post, but I knew everyone would choose that! :)

@Cookie16 awww x me too, my home is open to all waifs and strays :)
There isn't an option for big old cuddly fat ones :D so I'll have to admit to a bit of a weakness for abys

People really love the Abby's! I love smooth-coated, but I absolutely love Abby's! Just like my Eggs.

i l;ike the crested guinea pigs. but that doesnt seem to be a choice

Sorry, I didn't put all of the breeds on there because it would take up a lot of space and I couldn't remember them all.:doh:

We really love Absynnians although we don't have any amongst our lot... We fostered a couple of abys for a few weeks last year and the were the most cheeky chaps we had ever known.

But in general we have to agree with @piggyfan all piggies are special and all have their own personalities, so we love them all as well.... :love:

I adore guineas but do seem to have a soft spot for Teddies. Would love one.

I had 4 smoothies and an Abyssinian 40 years ago. I've never had a Peruvian but think they look stunning. I've never heard of Texel, Silkie or Teddybear. But no matter what the breed it's the eyes and noses and squeaks that I love!

I like to think of texels as the "George Washington guinea pigs" Because their fur is so curly! Teddies are kind of fluffy, like a Teddy Bear. Silkies can be practically any type of guinea pig, just a breed line with much shinier and silkier fur!

I've googled them! I want a Texel really badly! I had no idea they existed. I want to keep it in MY bedroom, maybe even in my bed! (my husband can sleep on the sofa!)

When I was a child I read everything I could about guinea pigs. They were my passion. I had 5 real ones and collected books and ornaments. My parents took me to guinea pig shows and I entered the children's classes. I thought I had seen every sort of piggie there was to see. And 40+ years later everything is different - even the breeds!

:) I'm glad you were so passionate about guinea pigs, it's hard to find people like that these days... Now it's all, "I want a dog!" Or "I want a cat!" But most people just say "What are guinea pigs?" It really kind of makes me sad. I've only had three guinea pigs in my life, and I've read magazines, searched about everything about them. I thought I was one of the most knowledgeable people about guinea pigs, until I got on here! :)) Texels are cuties, though I've only ever had smooth-coated and Abssynian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back