• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Tail?

• Thread starter Thread starter Pet Comforts
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pet Comforts

Hi

I have took in 4 rescued pigs and they all seem to have tails? ?
Not that its noticeable but if you feel down to the end of their spine to by the pelvic bone there is definitely a long piece which feels like a tail.
My own piggies don't have one. So is this normal? lol

Interested in your comments

Sam

If you pick a guinea pig up by his tail, his eyes will fall out - so my dad always told me!

In the Peter Gurney book I think he says you can still feel what's left of a tail at the base of the spine but I've never really tried!

Hmm.

Sophie

You can feel the piggies tails, or the bones that make up the tail.

Most animals, even humans, have some sort of tail. In humans, it is the coccyx bone.

It is the coccyx bone equivalent in the gp.It is more evident in some pigs than others,but all gps have this.

I can feel it in some of my normal piggies but with my obese piggies i cant ;D ;D

i have learnt something today too. i knew all piggies had a bone for a tail, but never knew some were longer than others. thanks for the info. hugs and cuddles for your fur babies and for you too. :) :) :smitten: :smitten:

yeah, piggies have a tail bone or coccyx bone, as mary said. so they do have a tail, but not a long one like rats, mice etc. O0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back