Sweetcorn And Courgette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibbles

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does sweetcorn have to be on the cob or can they have tinned? And can they have cougette? We always seem to get a good courgette crop

Sweet corn must be fresh on the cob. Guinea pigs cannot have tinned or cooked foods. They can eat courgette but I have yet to find a guinea pig who likes it!

Please do not feed and processed, i.e. frozen or tinned foods.

Sweetcorn cobs can be fed whole with leaves and silk. You can also feed mini sweetcorn.

As piggyfan says, courgette is perfectly edible, but to nopig's taste!

Lol,, ok thanks for that, interesting they can eat sc leaves too, hoping mine will grow this year ad it was a disaster last year

Sweetcorn is, like rice and our more familiar grains, a member of the grasses family! ;)

One of my pigs chewed courgette then ended up running away from it...is it really that bad?

My boys favourite part of sweetcorn are the silks and leaves :) I usually use the cob for soups and give the pigs the rest!

So glad I saw this thread before I went shopping, was gonna try mine on courgette for some variety. I'll give that a miss then lol.

Can I ask what about maize ( grown I think for animal feed) is it ok? Farm near us does a maize maze each year and then has loads of it afterwards.

I think I have an odd pig or group of pigs. I remember when I had just 3 and tried them with courgette but they wouldn't touch it. However, since I got Jemima, I have tried them with it again and it all disappears. I think it must be part of their act with other hoomans "my mummy doesn't feed me so I have to eat courgette" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back