• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

swarfega

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahp

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My mum bought my three boys a jar of swarfega for christmas so they can have nice clean bottoms ;D

Only thing is, I'm not sure what to do with it... only use it as bathtime or can it be used other times? how much to use and do I rinse it off afterwards?

They could do with it as they've been making that nasty smell ever since Colin (the 3rd pig) joined us ;D

I use swarfege for cleaning the grease gland.

Get the piggie nice and wet, put a blob of swarfega on the gland, leave for a couple of minutes then massage in and rinse off really well. This should take any grease residue off. I then shampoo the rest of the pig as normal! I only use it at bathtime as I do bathe mine fairly often. Hope this makes sense.

starshine said:
I use swarfege for cleaning the grease gland.

Get the piggie nice and wet, put a blob of swarfega on the gland, leave for a couple of minutes then massage in and rinse off really well. This should take any grease residue off. I then shampoo the rest of the pig as normal! I only use it at bathtime as I do bathe mine fairly often. Hope this makes sense.

:) Hiya, I do the same with my boys, used it for years with no problem :)

Diane

Swarfege is that the stuff used to wash paint off your hands and is this something i should be doing with Boris!

Gaile said:
Swarfege is that the stuff used to wash paint off your hands and is this something i should be doing with Boris!

Yep ;D ;D ;D

It removes grease, I remember using it as a kid after I'd messed around with my bike chain but apparently it works well removing the gunk from grease glands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back