• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sunshine and Fleur lost weight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just weighed the pigs and found that Sunshine and Fleur have both lost 75g (3oz) so I rung the vet and he seems to think because they are both in bigger areas to run around that they have burnt some weight off? Can this happen? They seem ok, girls are a bit Skittish being in another part of the garden but they are very aware and acting as they always did. Sunshine is just the same as always he runs mad so maybe this is why, he is eating a lot too!

The girls are eating some veggies but for the past 2 days they have left most of them but ate all the hay.

Any advice? I do think because I have moved them around they are more active, but would like to hear it from someone with a bit more knowledge and for peace of mind.

Louise
x

OoOoOh right thats quite a bit of weight 98)
I'm sure if there eating loads its just because of the more exercise and running around but mine hardly run around and just nod off and aren't even fat so I'm not really sure to be honest ::)

They have just probably burnt it all off but as long as there eating and drinking I'm sure they'll be fine O0

That's what I think, little buggers are worrying me sick! I'll weigh daily and anymore loss then I'll whizz them up the vets. I've checked them over and other than the weight loss they seem fine!

Thanks!

Louise
x

It could be because they are exercising more. :-\ :-\

I would just keep my eye on them.

Ahhh bless them ~ Yeah like you said if they do lose any more weight then that is a big deal so id go to the vets just for a check over and that and I'm sure the vets will tell you whats wrong if anything thats if they do lose any more weight ~ Fingers crossed hope not O0 Just keep an eye on their weight as you said ;)

Spoke to hubby (who has had guineas in the past) and he checked them all over and said they seem fine, was even worried that Sunshine's eyes looked glossy but it was the light! I'm such a worry wort with them sometimes! But I guess its best to be safe than sorry.

I gave the girls some lettuce tonight as they didn't eat their veggies much today and they woofed it. I am thinking they prefer to be fed in the evening. We have also changed for twice daily to once daily but the same amount of veg as I am not in of an evening to feed them. Could have something to do with it. :)

I'm not worried now, well still on alert and will way tomorrow night but as pigs are eating and behaving as they always have looks like its just an activity thing. Sunshine and Fleur are also big for their age and are my biggest pigs so maybe loosing a little bit won't harm them, although I prefer them not to loose any!

Thanks again for your posts! :)

Louise
x

Hmm with some of my good sized pets their weight does go up and down at times especially if they are active. I'm sure your gals are fine, keep an eye though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back