Suggestions For Guinea Pig Exercising?

igor10916

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello all,
I have not been active on the forum for a while and I am already grateful for all the tips that have come my way since I rejoined. My two lovely Guinea Pigs, Igor and Gus, have got an outside run and a hutch indoors, however I do not have toys for them that really give them the happiness and exercise that they need. I have been told that a wheel is not good for them and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for toys that will not hurt them and that they can enjoy? Thank you!

Tubes! My piggies love a good tube to toss about and run through or roll. Toilet roll tubes work aswell - though obviously they can't run through them lol- and if you stuff them with food it will make any pig happy! Hiding food in hay isn't really a toy but still provides a stimulating excercise for piggies. Floortime is great for a piggy and I usually leave out cushions or jumpers etc for them to hide in or cuddle up to- or as Steve likes to do hop on and off of.

Mine also love cardboard tubes stuffed with hay and a few pellets. They throw them around and scratch at them trying to get to the pellets.

My girls also love their tunnel. It's a green expanding one off Zooplus, they love to run in and out of that.

Most toys that the shops sell, mine don't bother with but anything stuffed with hay, even a plain paper bag, is a hit!

Mine have a strawberry house they love :love:and tubes as @Jesse's pigs has already suggested. You could try a stick arch or even a paper bag (such as a Primark bag) stuffed with hay. Carrot cottages are always popular. :nod: Expect everything new you put in the run or hutch to be treated with caution.:hmm: GP's are prey animals and anything unfamiliar could mean they could end up as lunch! :yikes: They don't know that what you put in for them is harmless until they have checked it out. The only exception to this that I have found is the carrot cottage which they attacked straight away.:drool:

Back