Sudden Weight Gain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizi

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello! So some news... My newest piggie Honey had gained quiet alot of weight since last week. I got her off gumtree as my local shelter did not sell one piggie alone. I got her for a friend for Gizi, she came with a cage, blanket, pillow pet sort thing, food dish, etc... She came with a whole package as her owners were moving 2000 km away from their home. She was in a not really but kind of bad condition. She had long nails, a urinated bum and had no hay just the grassy pelleted food she also came with and she also got veggies once a day. She had previously given birth to 2 litter, (just some info I'd thought I'd add) Anyway getting to the point, She has gained 51 grams since last week. I'm sure she is not pregnant as both my pigs are female. Could it be she is getting the right amount and good foods now?
Thanks For The Help! :D

Hello! So some news... My newest piggie Honey had gained quiet alot of weight since last week. I got her off gumtree as my local shelter did not sell one piggie alone. I got her for a friend for Gizi, she came with a cage, blanket, pillow pet sort thing, food dish, etc... She came with a whole package as her owners were moving 2000 km away from their home. She was in a not really but kind of bad condition. She had long nails, a urinated bum and had no hay just the grassy pelleted food she also came with and she also got veggies once a day. She had previously given birth to 2 litter, (just some info I'd thought I'd add) Anyway getting to the point, She has gained 51 grams since last week. I'm sure she is not pregnant as both my pigs are female. Could it be she is getting the right amount and good foods now?
Thanks For The Help! :D
I think that maybe because she's finally getting the right diet and care that she'll put on weight fairly quickly. I wouldn't worry about it, it's a sign of a happy pig :)
Was she kept with other pigs with the previous owners?

I wouldn't worry about weight gain unless it is huge once their diet has been established. A weight gain is to be taken as a positive, it's decrease in weight is the thing to worry about. x
There can also be the difference in 25 grams from a full tummy, not been to the toilet and have just eaten. Try to weigh them at the time each week so it's fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back