Sudden Loss and not lone bore

PiggyMama01

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had to take one of my boys to the vets yesterday as he wasn’t doing good at all and it turns out he had a bladder stone which they did operate on and manage to get out however his heart gave up during this he was only five/six and I can’t help but beat myself up that if I had got him to the vets sooner that he maybe would have made it.
I now have his brother who was the less dominant or the two and I’m really scared that he’s going to get lonely and struggle however don’t know where to start looking for a friend for him. I would prefer to have a baby bore for him so it’s less or a challenge for him but honestly don’t know where to start with it all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm very sorry that you lost your boy. Try not to blame yourself. It's wonderful that you are already thinking about your other piggy. Personally, I would start by contacting a local rescue to see if they have any single boys. Some of them will offer a boar dating service.

Thank you. I didn’t know this and will give it a try I’ve seen two baby bores but I’d be extremely nervous to have three boys as I wouldn’t want to break their current bond or cause any other issues so not sure about that. I’ll contact rescue centres tomorrow and see what they say.

Apparently they don't advertise single boys. I had a spectacular bond break with my original pair of boys when they hit puberty. They couldn't even be neighbours. I had to get one boy rehomed. I was told by the people who took Tim about a lonely boy needing a home. We took Dignified Sir George along, he met Mischievous Master Boris and it was a quick and easy bonding.

Thank you I’m hoping Chong won’t have any issues with pairing when it comes to finding him a match as he was the less dominant of the two. They were brothers and I was expecting them to start fighting when they reached maturity but luckily only a few odd fights now and again when he put on his brave pants and tried to get the dominance.
I’ve contacted a rescue centre near me so hopefully they contact me tomorrow and we can get a date sorted for him to meet a new friend.

Sir George was the submissive in the original pairing but he's the dominant now. A very laid back dominant though, Master Boris is a lucky boy. Do you have any pictures?IMG20231008161120.webp

I’m sorry for your loss.

Definitely don’t try to bond him into a trio of boars - it is highly unlikely to work.

I hope the rescue has a single boar available who would make the perfect friend for your boy

I’m sorry for your loss.

Definitely don’t try to bond him into a trio of boars - it is highly unlikely to work.

I hope the rescue has a single boar available who would make the perfect friend for your boy
Yeah I’ve looked into it and I really don’t want to upset any bones already made and hopefully I can find him a perfect match ❤️

Sir George was the submissive in the original pairing but he's the dominant now. A very laid back dominant though, Master Boris is a lucky boy. Do you have any pictures?View attachment 243307
Awww 🥰 look at them! Very handsome boys indeed. Yes I have loads of photos it’s shocking how many I actually have and videos 🙈 The white one was the one that passed and Chong is the one at the back whom I still have.

Attachments

• IMG_1812.webp
    IMG_1812.webp
    69.9 KB · Views: 1
Back