Successful Bonding

piggl

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
Just 4 years later since my first posting with this title (Successful Bonding 🙂), I am very pleased to announce my recent successful bonding.
Meet Winston and Wilfred, my 4 and a 1/2 year old agouti boy and his 7 week old friend Wilfred (Who I believe is a swiss teddy, as when I saw him I thought he would be rough to touch but is just the softest, and dense (hair wise), wee boy.)

Winston and Wilfred are their Sunday names, more commonly referred to as Winnie and Freddie. My old boy is still getting used to having such a lively presence around but I hope their bond continues to flourish as Freddie grows up.
winnie and freddie.webp

Awwwwww how lovely. Baby looks so small next to your big boy ❤️

Just 4 years later since my first posting with this title (Successful Bonding 🙂), I am very pleased to announce my recent successful bonding.
Meet Winston and Wilfred, my 4 and a 1/2 year old agouti boy and his 7 week old friend Wilfred (Who I believe is a swiss teddy, as when I saw him I thought he would be rough to touch but is just the softest, and dense (hair wise), wee boy.)

Winston and Wilfred are their Sunday names, more commonly referred to as Winnie and Freddie. My old boy is still getting used to having such a lively presence around but I hope their bond continues to flourish as Freddie grows up.
View attachment 224571

Most adult boars will find their feet quickly and fall in love with their little new friends. :)

Since it still has to be a personality match, not every baby is accepted - though another one will. The true test always comes
with teenage when the guardian-student bond expires and the teenager is coming into his own adult identity and may prove too much of a pawful for a more submissive/insecure adult boar companion.

You can learn a bit more about what happens during the usually overlooked cavy 'school' weeks and enjoy looking out for the learning by copying process in the coming weeks in this link here (chapter 3). It is actually rather fascinating to watch: Getting Started - Essential Information for New Owners

Most adult boars will find their feet quickly and fall in love with their little new friends. :)

Since it still has to be a personality match, not every baby is accepted - though another one will. The true test always comes
with teenage when guardian-student bond expires and the teenager is coming into his own adult identity and may prove too much of a pawful.
You can learn a bit more about what happens during the usually overlooked cavy 'school' weeks and enjoy looking out for the learning by copying process in the coming weeks in this link here (chapter 3). It is actually rather fascinating to watch: Getting Started - Essential Information for New Owners
I have already seen a couple moments where I can tell he has just copied what Winston has done, and that’s only been a couple days.

A very great read and I can not wait to watch them grow and learn together.

Back