Subscription hay

Rivervixen

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Hi everyone, which subscription hay is your current go to? Unsure about haybox currently as the quality seems to be going downhill a little. Looking to switch it up :) x

A lot of us have given up on Hay Box. I no longer subscribe and just order from Natures Own when I get to the last bag. Little Hay Co do subscriptions and the hay we had from them was lovely but with the postage costs was too expensive for us.

Will have a look at both options, such a shame with haybox as they were so reliable in the past. Thank you :) x

I still recommend www.timothyhay.co.uk I buy the soft Timothy and it's £23 for 8.5kg and it's so green.Delivery is free and it turns up within two days.
I can confirm this is a great company for hay. We tried little hay co but found it too expensive. We bought the big bale from Timothy hay for £30 and are not even half way through one month later. Its green and not too stalky and the boys have been gaining weight since we switched so it must be good.

After trying various options after Hay Box went downhill, we’re now getting The Friendly Farmers meadow hay bale, Nature’s Own Devon meadow hay and Small Pet Select 2nd cut timothy :)

I can confirm this is a great company for hay. We tried little hay co but found it too expensive. We bought the big bale from Timothy hay for £30 and are not even half way through one month later. Its green and not too stalky and the boys have been gaining weight since we switched so it must be good.
I also use them. They're the best I've tried for quality, quantity, price and fast delivery :) I usually just reorder when I'm getting low as there's no subscription option, but it has always arrived within a few days, and is great value for money. And such green lush hay!

I’m still with Haybox. The quality is actually good at the moment and they’ve sorted out the dispatch and delivery mess, so I’m staying put

I’m still with Haybox. The quality is actually good at the moment and they’ve sorted out the dispatch and delivery mess, so I’m staying put
Agreed. Quality does seem better and their customer service was brilliant after I realised I’d used the wrong address on an order and 10kg of hay was due to be delivered to my daughter 350 miles away 😂 I like Happy Hay too but they seem to have run out of the softer stuff.

I've stayed with Haybox too. Tried Nature's Own meadow hay last month and my piggies nibbled some but most of it wasn't eaten. So even if I wanted to change to a cheaper alternative, I can't do it. They still prefer Haybox.

Agreed. Quality does seem better and their customer service was brilliant after I realised I’d used the wrong address on an order and 10kg of hay was due to be delivered to my daughter 350 miles away 😂 I like Happy Hay too but they seem to have run out of the softer stuff.

Lorcan kindly posted about happy hay a few days ago - they are actually discontinuing some types of hay.

It does mean I will have to stop using happy hay now though as my lot don’t like stalky Timothy

I've gone back to Haybox after trying alternatives as I thought their hay was better quality than the others I tried ( and more importantly, so did my boys).

I remember others saying there was too much dust in the shorter cut hay in bags, but I haven't found a noticeable difference to their previous boxed hay.

Lorcan kindly posted about happy hay a few days ago - they are actually discontinuing some types of hay.

It does mean I will have to stop using happy hay now though as my lot don’t like stalky Timothy

They were talking about doing a soft mix of meadow and timothy, but since the goblins won't eat meadow hay it's not something I'd be buying anyway.

Back