Stuck and cant get home

jjayne10

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I am a worried momma right now. We went out of town amd due to severe weather there is a travel ban amd roads are closed. We can't get home. My friend was supposed to check in on them but she can't get out of her driveway and there are no plows out with 4 plus feet of drifting snow and a travel ban. I left Friday and gave them extra hay, fresh veggies, pellets, and a large alfalfa ball with treat inside. They ha e 2 water bottles each ( 2 cages with 2 piggies in it each). I've read if they go more than 24 hours without eating they can die but we literally can't get to them. They are a little overweight but eat everything super fast. Might they be ok til we can get there hopefully tomorrow morning when roads are passable?

Oh dear! I'm afraid we can't say how fast they are eating/drinking through their supply. Hopefully they will have enough till you can get home tomorrow. This storm has been really awful! Fingers crossed that the roads are cleared quickly. Safe travels home!

So sorry for the situation you are in.
You gave your piggies plenty of food, arranged for someone to check on them but the one thing you could not possibly have accounted for is the weather.
I hope you can get safely home tomorrow and the piggies are ok.

Hopefully they will be fine, there’s usually plenty of hay in the bottom of their cages which they leave so in times of need they will start on that 🤞 There isn’t a neighbour who has a key who could slip in and feed them is there?

So long as they have hay and water, they should be fine until you can get to them. I always give my pigs loads of hay and they never finish it off. I hope you can get home today and be reunited with them x

I hope you manage to get home today and your piggies are ok.

Oh gosh I am so sorry to hear this. You put everything in place to make sure they were looked after but this weather is unexpected and not something you can plan for. Hopefully it all blows over very soon and you or your friend can get in to them to check on them

Back