• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

stubborn pigs

• Thread starter Thread starter Lez
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lez

theyre doing everything they can to avoid switching to pellets :-\ theyre actually refusing to eat them, resulting in bob losing 100g in weight :-\ :-\ I'm sad cos i think iill have to switch back to mixed food, even though its not as good for them :(

EDIT: i posted this in wrong section was supposed to be in food. can a mod move it please?

What you using Lez?

Come on Bob eat up, they are nice Flora has them! :smitten: Maybe do the change over slower? It's a bugger when they won't do what we want!

Good luck with them!

x

i changed over over 2 weeks. i gradually mixed it in with their other food until that ran out. they ate it mixed in, but refuse to eat it on his own :(

I'm using wagg optimum, but ive also tried P@H nuggets, cant try any others as they are either not sold round here or are sold in massive bags i cant afford/are pointless wiith 2 piggles

I had the same trouble switching mine over to pellets. I used to feed gerty which they loved (well certain bits anyway)! but wanted to get them onto cavy cusine but they weren't having any of it! I did it gradually like your supposed to but they just wouldn't eat it.In the end I went and bought guinea excel which they prefer so I think it's about finding the one they like the best.What about science selective? Or could you order cavy cuisine?

in my area science selective and super guinea excel is only available in huge bags, which i cant afford to buy, with only 2 piggies to feed nowhere round here sells cavy cuisine

They do say on another forum that pellets are the least important thing in a guinea pigs diet but then it is worrying that bob is losing so much weight.The only thing to do is order online but then postage is always so expensive.If they ate it mixed in then I'd go back to doing that but do it over a longer period of time.They're just being stubborn! ::)

silly boys lol. i dont have time this weekend cos of work, but when i head to asda on monday ill pick up another bag of the mixed food ::) i usually pick their food up with my wekly shopping as nowhere in town sells any piggy food that isnt gerty, and i wont buy gerty lol

until then bob I'm feeding them bigger portions of veggies. I'm sure he wont complain ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back