Struggling With Indoor Cage Options-please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsPhoebeBee

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

This is my first post!

I have three piggies, Wolfgang, a nearly 4 year old male and Bonnie & Flo, 2 and half month old girls. Wolfgang's friend (and my baby pig) George sadly died a couple of weeks ago :( Wolfgang and George didn't really get on (read-tried to kill each other) so were in seperate cages to stop them from doing just that, but they would chat to each other, and it was clear to see that Wolfgang was missing piggy interraction. Knowing that he's a bit volatile, we decided to get the girls so that he can have the sound/smell of other piggies but not risk stressing him out with a cage mate. He has really perked up, which is great, and seems to have a new lease of life!

They are currently in a ferplast cage-a two story one, split into two. It was fine for Wolfgang and George when they were separate, but now that there are two girls in the bottom, it's just not big enough. It's fine while they are tiny, but they are already growing at a rate of knots and I want to do something about it. They are indoor piggies :)

So I've been looking at a variety of different ways to make them a new cage, but haven't really found anything that works. There's quite a bit of space available for them, so I have been toying with the idea of a C&C cage? But just wondering what other people do for their indoor piggies?

If any of you have any ideas or inspiration, i'd love to hear it!

Thank you :)

Hello! Welcome to the forum :) to you Wolfgang, Bonnie and Flo.

Sorry to hear you lost George :(

I take it they are separate and can't get too each other, you wouldn't want babies. The only issue with c&c's in this case is that he may find a way to get at the girls, the desire to mate is strong and piggies have been known to jump to get to females

That does look cool :) Are you handy then? If i attempted anything like that it would end up as

images

It would need to be 120cm length for 2 piggies and 60 cm depth

Hi , sorry l have nothing constructive to say regarding your cage question, :hmm:
Though l would like to welcom to the foram:wel:

My girls are in a c&c cage.When I had two cages I went in one day to find one of the girls in the wrong cage.I use plastic coated grids so she didn't climb, she jumped.The only thing with the set up you have linked is that your boy wouldn't get the interaction with the girls he has now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back