Struggling to work out my Girls Heirarchy

Stacey

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have 3 girls, Cleo (3) Bella (4) and Jasmine (2/3) (ages are an estimated as they are rescues)

I have always assumed Cleo was boss because she seems the most dominant, humping, chasing etc. Jasmine will squeal when she does it so shes definitely not boss.
Bella wont allow anyone to mount her and will do that lifting chin up at them and usually other girls will back down.

Tonight, which is unexpected, Bella has started to mount Cleo and Cleo just lies and accepts it.

Now i have no idea who is top dog, but i know its important to respect their hierarchy but I'm not sure whos boss. I definitely know Jasmine isnt.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance

They can mount and chase during season. Could it be she is in season? I could tell who my dominant girl was. But oddly enough, during seasons, her friend would rumble and mount her. And she (top pig) allowed it.

Having said that, the hierarchy can sometimes change. Although, in general, I think tops sows don’t usually want to give up their spot at the top.

I think if top pig is allowing herself to be mounted etc then leave them to it. Sometimes the hierarchy is more subtle and is difficult to work out.

Thank You. She could be in season right enough, that actually didnt cross my mind. I will see how they are tomorrow.
Thanks for your reply

Back