Struggle with top-loading washing machines

isisrose

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, all! We recently moved, and this involved going from a front-loading to a top-loading washing machine. I never had problems washing my piggies' fleece bedding in the front-loader, but now it's a constant struggle. The fleece comes out (even after a heavy cycle with the deep fill and extra rinse settings all maxed out) nearly as dirty as it went in, and sometimes even seems like it didn't even get fully wet at all. And all of the hay bits and hair that I wasn't able to brush off are still there, whereas in the past that would have been rinsed away. Have you all run into this issue? The washing machine was just replaced so is brand new, so I doubt it's the particular machine's fault (and it does clothing... okay at least, so this seems to be a fleece + top loader problem). I'm continuing to experiment with smaller and smaller loads, vacuuming the fleece more thoroughly first, getting some of those FurZapper things to throw in, etc., but it seems like we may just have to resort to weekly trips to a local laundromat, which seems rather ridiculous. We also tried adding some towels so that it's not just fleece in the load, and adding more water... I'm beyond frustrated with this. Help?

Hello. My mother in law has a top loader and she has to do very small loads. Hope you can sort it.

Back