Stroller

ninja guinea pig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I want to one day get a stroller but can dogs and guinea pigs use the same stroller even if it’s st diffrent times? Is that dangerous?

I would not recommed having guinea pigs and dogs in the same stroller together. If I were you I would put the piggies in and take turns swapping. Just before you put the piggies in make sure you remove the scent of the dogs before having them in the stroller. The smell of the dogs could alarm the piggies and make them scared.

Thanks for replying

yeah opps I didn’t mean at the same time opps. How do you think I can remove the scent?

To be honest I am not sure why you would want to put a guinea pig in a stroller?
Is it a special pet carrier style to take them places like the vet, or does it have another purpose?

Well I heard that people take guinea pigs with them outside and they like it plus it could be the best way for me to take them outside in the sun not so much for the vet

Guinea pigs do like being outside when the weather is appropriate (not too hot or cold) but putting them in a stroller probabably isn't the best way to do this.
They will enjoy being outside in a secure pen on some 'safe' grass (not sprayed or treated with chemicals, or used as a toilet area by local dogs), but I don't think being pushed around in a stroller would offer them much benefit to be honest.

@Gia had some good ideas. Do you have a small pen you could set up for them outside somewhere?
We put ours out on the lawn in good weather, and also occasionally have them out on the balcony with us in the warmer months.

Yeah @Swissgreys could figure out how to let them in a pen outside. Well at least there are 2 guinea pigs and not 5 cause that would a lot lot harder.

Back