Stressed Out About Nothing Or Cause For Concern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rochester Piggy

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, I currently have one piggy, Cali. This is because her sister, Peanut, passed of pneumonia in December 2016. On Sunday, we are taking her to a rescue to be introduced to another piggy! But I have a few concerns about her.

Short disclaimer: I am one of those always worrying piggy owners. I practically go into hysterics if she pees in "the wrong spot" or doesn't wheek "loud enough" when it's veggie time! I feel like I'm trying to protect her from illness by worrying, but i know thats impossible. She does get daily health checks and is weighed every 3-5 days.

So, yesterday I put Cali's fleece forest in the loft in the place of her favorite hidey. She loves the loft, but hasnt been fond of the fleece forest. Today, she was spending all her time downstairs eating, pooping, or sleeping, and didnt spend near as much time upstairs (its a ramp btw but we say upstairs and downstairs) as usual. My mum thinks its because she hasnt always liked the fleece forest. I'm considered the household guinea pig expert and I wanted a second opinion on here. Thanks!

Hello, I currently have one piggy, Cali. This is because her sister, Peanut, passed of pneumonia in December 2016. On Sunday, we are taking her to a rescue to be introduced to another piggy! But I have a few concerns about her.

Short disclaimer: I am one of those always worrying piggy owners. I practically go into hysterics if she pees in "the wrong spot" or doesn't wheek "loud enough" when it's veggie time! I feel like I'm trying to protect her from illness by worrying, but i know thats impossible. She does get daily health checks and is weighed every 3-5 days.

So, yesterday I put Cali's fleece forest in the loft in the place of her favorite hidey. She loves the loft, but hasnt been fond of the fleece forest. Today, she was spending all her time downstairs eating, pooping, or sleeping, and didnt spend near as much time upstairs (its a ramp btw but we say upstairs and downstairs) as usual. My mum thinks its because she hasnt always liked the fleece forest. I'm considered the household guinea pig expert and I wanted a second opinion on here. Thanks!
Hi,l am not sure what a fleece forest is, but l would put things back as they were and l am sure she will be fine. Good luck with the bonding

A fleece forest is like a curtain of fleece but cut into vertical strips so that they can get through it. I bit like those kind of 1970s door curtains in plastic!

315xssj.jpg

Jingle is showing you how easy it is to get through a fleece forest (she popcorned when I first put it in).

I wouldn't worry she'll work it out. Could be something silly like she doesn't like the fleece on her face when she goes in or out. If she sees her friend going up & down she'll follow when she's ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back