• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Strange noise....do I need to worry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
One of my piggies is making a strange noise occasionally. Its kind of a cross between a sneeze, a retch and a cough. Thats the only way I can describe it. I cant work out who it is thats making the noise but neither seem to be showing any other symptoms.
What could it be causing this? Do I need to get them checked over or do I wait and see if anything else happens?
All advice gratefully received

Helen

Its probably a cough, does it sound kind of like a quak? or a baby cough lol? I'd take the piggy to the vets as this was the first sign Ralf had of his chest infection :) antibiotics will clear it up if it's an infection O0 i'd just watch them for a while and you will see who does it, they kind of explode then wipe their noses ;D x

Sometimes gps will stuff too much food into the mouth,and make a "choking !noise.This may be what your piggy is doing,nothing to worry about.

If these noises are accompanied by runny nose/eyes and the piggy is a bit inactive,then a vet visit is called for.

Helen, I dont know if it is Alex you are talking about,but he does have a tendency to scoff veggies and cough a bit! I hope it doesnt turn out to be anythign else. If it does, and it is Alex, then I feel awful. Please let me cover vets bills!

Sometimes Scamper makes a short retch type sound that worried me. However I've noticed that if it happens it's after she's been drinking water...and she seems fine otherwise.

i would just keep an eye on them and try to find out which one is doing it. in the mean time check eyes, nose and waste. if they are eating and there are no other signs of illness i would just continue to watch them closely. but if you feel you'd worry too much you could get a check up just to ease your mind. as i know i am a born worrier. otherwise just watch. good luck. hugs and cuddles. :smitten: :smitten:

one of mine do that to but only wen they are eating i thin they just eat to fast and then choke.
if you are worried mabe take him to the vet.

yes karen, that reminds me, zoe was sort of jerking, this was nearly a year ago. so took her to the vet with the cats as the cats needed their annual vaccination. and the vet said all zoe had was hiccups. i was so relieved but also felt silly. but zoe never made a noise with her hiccups just the head jerking. good luck with your baby. :smitten: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back