• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Strange coughing/sneezing noise

• Thread starter Thread starter Amethyst
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amethyst

Hi everyone,

Hurley sometimes makes this strange noise, usually when he wakes up, finishes drinking, or finishes eating. It sort of sounds like a cough or a sneeze. It's just the one noise (i.e. not repeated, it's a single cough/sneeze).

Also, earlier today I heard Hurley "snoring" very very slightly as he breathed when asleep. Then when he woke up, he made that noise. This is the first time I've noticed this "snoring" happening, and he coughs probably about once a day.

Could this be a problem?

Does it sound at all like a hiccup?

My JoJo does this after eating - sometimes sounds like a sneeze - and Guinea's now doing it regularly after a drink.

kellyandpiggies said:
Does it sound at all like a hiccup?

My JoJo does this after eating - sometimes sounds like a sneeze - and Guinea's now doing it regularly after a drink.

Thanks for your reply! It sounds more like an exhalation than an inhalation, but yes it could be a hiccup I suppose! He's been doing it a while, and I always said that if there was any discharge or he did it more frequently, I'd take him to the vets, but neither of these things have happened. Could it be anything else do you think, or is it likely to be a hiccup?

It is likely to be hiccup.... This link goes to what Peter Gurney had to say about hiccups > Peter Gurney

I know it freaked me out the first time I ever heard it! I would just keep an eye on it but if there are no other symptoms then it probably just is hiccups.

Beaney said:
It is likely to be hiccup.... This link goes to what Peter Gurney had to say about hiccups > Peter Gurney

I know it freaked me out the first time I ever heard it! I would just keep an eye on it but if there are no other symptoms then it probably just is hiccups.

Thank you! That Peter Gurney link really helped. I've never noticed Hurley spasming beforehand but then I've never actually been watching him before his hiccup - so I'll know now not to panic if I see that! :)

I have noticed twice that while i am cuddling cindy she does this choking thing... she has sound affect and sort of spassoms... but she doesnt eat while sheis on me ? It totally freaks me out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back