Strange behaviour

Guineapoops2022

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys just looking for some advice came downstairs this morning to my 4 females 20 weeks or maybe slightly under, no one was out very unusual gave the girls pellets a shake… 3 of the girls came out of hiding bed but queen Dolores most dominant didn’t come very unlike her had to lift cover and she slowly came over.

Spread the pellets and usually Dolores would be quick alert hoovering up as much as possible but this morning she is very nervous stayed in corner and wouldn’t come too close to her friends she was picking at bits of hay instead of pellets, she did eat quite a few but stayed back very unusual. She kept running away from me? I checked camera footage throughout the night and have found numerous videos of Dolores chasing our 2 newest girls they kept spraying her in face and weren’t having any of it.

I can’t see any sign of a fight or blood drawn does this sound normal? It’s like Dolores is scared and down she didn’t get her own way or maybe one of our newer girls has bitten her… hard to tell on video if they are in hiding places had to just go by noise but there was nothing alarming…

I understand the dominance is normal but surprised to see Dolores behave this way…how long does the dominance behaviour last or… many thanks

It sounds as if they have had a bit of a spat. Spraying is a way of telling the piggy to stay away. As you haven’t seen anything desperately alarming, i would just keep an eye on them.
Dominance continues throughout life, whenever they are in season, your girls are teenagers also

Thanks guys I hope they haven’t hurt each other but seems they have had enough of Dolores carry on when you say spraying is this when they point thier bum up? And what is it that’s spraying out? Lol

Thanks sorry 😳 I thought it was the back end so was curious what was spraying on the coroplast and unfortunately my hand last week during a spot clean 🤣 many thanks

Back