Strange behaviour...?

• Thread starter Thread starter Jayms_fallen_angel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jayms_fallen_angel

Ok so Dandylion is my fraidy pig (literally scared of her own shadow) and acorah is my brave pig. There isn't anything she won't play with or go...At least in my bedroom at my parents house.

Well anyway I no longer live there and so me and my girls moved into a 1 bedroomed flat...I thought it would be great. They have everything they had always had plus a regular supply of fresh greens as I now have to do weekly shopping myself and buy for them whereas before I only bought if I went past...HOWEVER:
Acorah now refuses to come out of her bed in her cage unless it's for food and drink and now drags all her greens and treats in there with her and Dandylion is being insanely brave and wanting floor time (Although she's still a bit skittish when I come too near).

Then on top of that Acorah started making birdy noises (Sorry can't describe it any better than chirping, when I heard my sisters pigs do it once I was convinced it was the bird, but Acorah does it so much softer) the first two nights we were there. Now Acorah's quiet and Dandylion is purring and waggling her bottom as she walks around the cage.

It's nice that Dandylion is adapting so much better to her home now we've moved, but I'm so worried about poor Acorah, she's not herself at all. My sister even says that Acorah was trembling while she was being held that first night. But when I held her she wasn't...

HELP? ADVICE?

:) I’m new to the world of Guinea pigs but from what I have read the “chirping noise†is a rare thing to hear, a guinea pig song / singing that very few people get to hear. I think its supposed to be a happy noise but it might be communicative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back