Stopped eating pellets

Guineapoops2022

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if anyone can help me I’ve had my pigs on selective grain free pellets for over 6/7 months now and in the last month the pigs just aren’t interested anymore maybe the odd few throughout the day but nothing like before they would clear them. I also noticed it was triggered by a new fresh bag of pellets and ever since they’ve just not seemed bothered in them? Many thanks x

They may just not like them now, perhaps there’s been a formulation change in the pellets?
Perhaps you can slowly change over to a new brand?

Don’t forget though that pellets are expendable and the tiniest part of the diet. Piggies don’t need to eat them at all (produced the veg based part of the diet is a balanced one) so don’t be too concerned.

That’s a coincidence. My two have recently stopped showing much interest in the Selective Grain Free too. They get the recommended 1 tbsp but there are always some left over. As they’re eating their hay and veg I’m not too concerned.

Thank you for your replies :) @Piggies&buns they always have their pepper mid morning and salad at dinner time which is always lettuce coriander green beans and cucumber. Occasionally they will get a piece of apple carrot baby corn or something else I hope this is ok for them? I always worry they are having the same dinner every day x

@Bertie & Jelly yes how strange! I’m thinking you could be right about a change it would make sense! It’s odd for them to just stop wanting them suddenly x

Back