• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

sticky poo

• Thread starter Thread starter cgibson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cgibson

my bobbys pooh is sort of sticky and i have found a big lump of pooh which seems to be a few poos stuck together.

is this some sort of diarrhoe, or is he just pineing for squeak who passed away on sunday.
he is eating his dry food and hay ok, but seems to have gone off veg.

I am really not sure hunny, but obviously keep an eye on him. I have heard before that they do pine and can go off their food. I would consider getting him a new cagemate from a rescue, let Bobby choose one. I can imagine you dont feel up to it after Squeak just passing away, but poor Bobby must be lonely :(

yes he is eating his hay, and i have been giving him some pear the past couple of days.

You could try a probiotic just for 2 days.The one I use is Bio-Lapis made up as per instructions on the satchet,and given little aand often by syringe.

Avipro is very good as well.

Encourage him to eat veggies by offering a wide variety,maybe something you have not offered before.

they seem to be ok this morning, will give him some bio lapis still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back