• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Steve Query

Jesse's pigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys me again lol. So I'm not too freaked out but I have noticed that Steve does mini sneezes (though they don't sound like Mo's) it's not a wheezy sound or anything worrying it just seems to be a light sneeze. He's eating drinking etc everything fine and during floortime was like a wind up toy zooming around and around lol.

Now my theory is he is still adjusting to his new home and bedding? When I got him he was in a shed or shavings and piles of hay- now he's on fleece and indoors. Could that be it? I'm not overly freaking out because he's done it since I got him and I suppose it's only now I'm asking cos I've been handling him more. It's nothing like Mo's sneezes that had me rushing to a vet thankfully. They're really really light and barely noticible- and not happening 24/7 or I would have seen a vet obviously :)

I've also heard that sometimes piggy can sneeze a little if the fleece has urine on it? Idk it's not that I don't change the fleece- please don't think that! I have loads and loads of fleece blankets (I think roughly 20+) that I switch over and over.

Mine always sneeze when they jump around in the hay boxes. I always buy dust free hay but there's still some dust and fluffy bits. It doesn't help in the Spike/Peanut camp that Spike scratches around in the hay like a chicken. :lol!:

Back