Stealing Food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuineaPigFan15

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, but I was wondering if there is any way to prevent/discourage a piggy from stealing food from another? Thank you in advance for any tips provided. :)

The only way is to put it out of their reach, my piggies were forever mounting raiding parties to the rabbit's hutch to steal their food once they ate their own! :))

The only way is to put it out of their reach, my piggies were forever mounting raiding parties to the rabbit's hutch to steal their food once they ate their own! :))
Thanks! It sounds like your pigs are very cheeky...and silly! I bet the rabbit doesn't appreciate any veggie-stealing piggies!

It's not just veggies that they'll steal, dried food is not safe either! :lol!:

WP_20141008_002_zpscc236aa3.jpg

I just make sure there are separate bowls more than a piggy's length apart to make sure that both piggies get a fair go at the contents, however my Mr Ted will grab the best thing (carrot or baby corn) from one bowl, run off and hide it the come and muscle back in to the other bowl to push his luck. Greedy pig!

I just monitor mine when I'm feeding them to make sure that it doesn't get too unfair. They do steal things out of each other's mouths now and then but mostly they eat quite nicely together haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back