Squirmy Pigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB3

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi I could do with some advice. I have 4 piggies living in 2 couples. Jojo and smudge are teenage boars and the most squirmy piggies ever! I think it's partly our fault because they have lots of interaction with us and we play with them loads but they don't have lap time. This is partly due to them only being able to use one room due to keeping our other pigs in the lounge. And also due to the fact that they love playing in their mazes, cardboard boxes etc but if we do manage to catch them they will jump off our lap and run off to play. They will come over to us and jump on us but when we try to stroke them they run off. Anyway it's about time they had their nails clipped, bottoms cleaned and got weighed but I have no idea how I will manage it! Any ideas/tips. Thank you :)

I have the same problem with my 6 month old girls! They're not fighted on being held - they're just not interested! And I like to see them running around more than making them sit still on my lap.
I use a cardboard tube to weigh them and they tend to just sit in it. My OH holds them with their backs against his stomach, their bottom supported by a hand/ his lap whilst I trim the back feet nails. We haven't tried front feet yet!
I've not had to bath them, but I think it might end up with wet pigs loose in the bathroom!

Hi I could do with some advice. I have 4 piggies living in 2 couples. Jojo and smudge are teenage boars and the most squirmy piggies ever! I think it's partly our fault because they have lots of interaction with us and we play with them loads but they don't have lap time. This is partly due to them only being able to use one room due to keeping our other pigs in the lounge. And also due to the fact that they love playing in their mazes, cardboard boxes etc but if we do manage to catch them they will jump off our lap and run off to play. They will come over to us and jump on us but when we try to stroke them they run off. Anyway it's about time they had their nails clipped, bottoms cleaned and got weighed but I have no idea how I will manage it! Any ideas/tips. Thank you :)

You may find the tips in these thread helpful. Try to establish your authority, but also tell your piggies that you love them, and things should get a lot easier: How To Understand Guinea Pig Instincts And Speak Piggy Body Language

You may find the tips in these thread helpful. Try to establish your authority, but also tell your piggies that you love them, and things should get a lot easier: How To Understand Guinea Pig Instincts And Speak Piggy Body Language
I just looked at that thread again (for about the tenth time), and I think you've recently added pictures of you interacting with your piggies as well as writing descriptions? Can I just say this is so incredibly helpful, I really appreciate it (and I'm sure others will too)! With regards to ear nibbling and forcing nose up, do you tend to do this with your hands (so firmly massage ears and bring chin upwards with a finger or two underneath) or your mouth/face -- I've done both and I'm not sure if I was meant to do the latter? :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back