• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Squeaking after the Runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

boureki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Blaze was taken to the vet on Saturday as we discovered the runs, but now his droppings have firmed up, I noticed a couple of times he's squeaked a tiny bit when passing them. At first we thought this may be understandable and he was sore etc but after reading Guinea Lynx I am now concerned about bladder stones or something equally serious.

For people who have had experience of the runs in their piggies - have you noticed a little bit of squeaking when they get better or is this something we should be consulting a vet about quick sharp? I'm thinking that I may give them a ring anyway just to see if this is normal before I start to panic!

Julie

Are you sure it's when he's pooping, or could he be peeing? perhaps put him in a bowl and see what appears when he squeaks :)

If it's pee, he could just need a few days of cystitis treatment but if it's poop then I'm at a bit of a loss as I've not experienced that one sorry..... I'm sure someone will have though, and will answer soon :)

can't really help you out not suffered that problem with mine but i would ring the vet and explaine whats going on, can't hurt. good luck

Hi all, thanks for your replies.

I'm not 100% sure its poops that make him squeak, or any wee or whether he's just sore after his runs. I'm at work today, but since Saturday afternoon, I've been watching all their toilet habits like a hawk! Poor sweethearts, they can't get a minutes peace with me peering in there every few minutes! I was so pleased to see nearly proper droppings from Blaze though. I am hoping he's just sore and nothing more serious. He's still got three days of Baytril left, and they are all still on the pro biotic (Marty put up a thread about this on Saturday before we managed to get an appt with the emergency vet).

We've got him an appointment tonight at the vets just to be certain.

Thanks again,
Julie

thanks Kelly :) he seems fine, his poos seem almost back to normal. Found son Scampy taking a clump of hair out of him tonight though :'( I think they are ratty with each other because I have had to withold veg, they're probably hungry and irritable. Is it normal after one has had an illness for strong bonds to break like this? I'm really concerned we may have to split them, they are teeth chattering at each other what seems like every 10 minutes, and I'm really worried about what they get up to when we are not around. We gave them a small bit of veg tonight in the hope it may cheer them up a bit. I think because Blaze is feeling rough, he's been bickering at Scampy, but today really shocked me :-\

It's more than likely because Blaze seems to get more attention at the moment due to him being ill. Scamp's proably feeling a little left out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back