• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Spur? Extra nail?

mackenzieluvslife

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi! I haven’t been on here in quite a bit!
Today as I was cutting Latte’s nails, I realized that her front paw seems to have something extra on it? I tried my best to get photos to show, but it is on her left foot I believe and is on the left side of it and it is dark in color. Her nails also appear to be more dirty as of recently, I don’t know if it has anything to do with that. It has given me quite a scare, not sure if it’s a spur, some sort of build up, irritation or an extra nail. I’ve included the best pictures that I could get but for now I’ve just put her back into her cage, I don’t want to risk possibly irritating it or hurting/stressing her in any way. I also couldn’t tell if it was causing her pain, she’s walking on that leg perfectly fine and she is ALWAYS squeamish when I cut her nails, so I don’t notice anything different.

A quick edit:
Latte has always had curled nails and it has made it a bit of a challenge to cut them properly and I think it adds to the dirt on her nails.

Any help, advice or feedback is totally appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

• 6B342C3A-1F30-46A2-9FD8-C09716BA6D13.webp
    6B342C3A-1F30-46A2-9FD8-C09716BA6D13.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 275DAE41-CBEA-44D8-A65D-E0C859C1EBA4.webp
    275DAE41-CBEA-44D8-A65D-E0C859C1EBA4.webp
    31.1 KB · Views: 15
No, best to leave it alone. clipping it will cause pain and bleeding.
If it ever gets caught, then please see a vet for it to be removed

Back