• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Spice -good news

• Thread starter Thread starter mum
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mum

Went back to the vet on monday and he was very surprised that Spice was still alive.As he survived the injection of powerful antibiotics and there is still abit of swelling then he wanted to inject Spice with another big dose tomorrow and possibly one more after that!
I phoned a rodentologist who lives near Great Yarmouth and took Spice to see her today.She doesn"t think that there is any pus in there but said he may be allergic to what the vet sewed him up with....catgut!Apparently piggies can have a reaction to it.I"m going to keep an eye on it and go back to see her if it swells up.
And yes I"m not going to the vet tomorrow.
I feel that Spice is getting better again,I"m so happy but I know he has a long way to go yet.Just wanted to share the news.

That is good news :) Hopw Spice continues to do well. Let us know about the catgut, I have not heard of piggies being sewn up with that :-\

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: clever little Spice :smitten:

and you are brilliant for following this up, well don, a mummy (or in my case a granny) just knows when somethings just not quite right O0 O0 O0

awww thats great! WELL DONE! O0 O0 O0 Best wishes for a full and swift recovery now. :) :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: well done you for knowing that something was up :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back