• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Spice...again

• Thread starter Thread starter mum
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mum

Spice has taken a turn for the worse.I wonder if he"s had a stroke.He seems all jittery when he walks...which he doesn"t want to do.He refused his criticalcare last night but sat snuggled on my knee for over an hour.I can"t explain how he"s different.He had some criticalcare this morning and has eaten some dried food and melon and grass but not much.I wonder if he"s had enough.Do I force feed him or just see what he wants.

mum said:
Spice has taken a turn for the worse.I wonder if he"s had a stroke.He seems all jittery when he walks...which he doesn"t want to do.He refused his criticalcare last night but sat snuggled on my knee for over an hour.I can"t explain how he"s different.He had some criticalcare this morning and has eaten some dried food and melon and grass but not much.I wonder if he"s had enough.Do I force feed him or just see what he wants.

Absolutely feed him even if he fights it. You need to be firm about it as they need a LOT of critical care in a day to keep them going - 6g of it per 100g of body weight if he's not eating properly. An emergency vet visit is also in order.

Awww nooo - Hope he gets better and please keep us all updated :-* :-*

Yes love keep going, and as everyone has advised keep up the water as well O0
Sending mega healing wheeks for little Spice, come on little fella :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: and lots of hugs for you.
Just know that we're here for you, we'll be keeping our paws crossed for little Spice.
Keep up the great work O0 :smitten:
take him again Monday for them to check him out if you think he's had a stroke. I have heard of piggies coming back OK after strokes tho O0

If he has had a stroke he will have head tilt.When you say he is "jittery" do you mean his legs are shaking?,if so,I am afraid this is a sign of bad pain.

Piggies can get over stroke.

Spice is much perkier today.He has eaten well but still seems not quite right.I"m going to talk to the rodentologist or Vedra tomorrow.

Great that he seems better :)
My friend has several piggies from rescue centres that have recovered from strokes and they seem to have recovered perfectly O0

Thanks for the PM love :smitten:
awwwwww Spice you good little fella, keep on eating to keep your strength up and take your meds O0
Good luck with Vedra or the rodentologist love, let me know O0
We'll have you in our thoughts and have our paws crossed for Spice :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back