• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sperm rod stuck in penis

piggl

Forum Donator 2024/25
Reaction score
I think my boar has a sperm rod stuck in his penis. I tried to pull it out and it won’t come. The skin of his penis is also inflamed/swollen.

I’ve attached a picture but I don’t really know what to do. I tried to remove it myself but it wouldn’t come out.

Attachments

• IMG_1594.webp
    IMG_1594.webp
    36 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1593.webp
    IMG_1593.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 1
The best thing is to get him to a vet - they can be painful and cause issues so it’s best he is seen

I hope he is ok

I think my boar has a sperm rod stuck in his penis. I tried to pull it out and it won’t come. The skin of his penis is also inflamed/swollen.

I’ve attached a picture but I don’t really know what to do. I tried to remove it myself but it wouldn’t come out.

Hi

I agree with @Piggies&buns . Sperm rods are very often not quite straight and smooth and can cause consierable damage if they are just yanked out. A vet has nurses to help them with the task and can, if needed, also use a whiff of gas to manipulate it out gently.

Thank you for your replies.

Vets managed to slip him in, meaning i had to rush everything and I was running back and forth to make it on time. We get there… there’s nothing wrong with him 😂 He’s managed to get it out himself apparently and now he’s completely fine.

The vets were great about it and let me go without a fee. He did give me a scare though x

Thank you for your replies.

Vets managed to slip him in, meaning i had to rush everything and I was running back and forth to make it on time. We get there… there’s nothing wrong with him 😂 He’s managed to get it out himself apparently and now he’s completely fine.

The vets were great about it and let me go without a fee. He did give me a scare though x

Fun and games with piggies. Better this way round than the other one!

Rods can come out if they are rather smooth and don't get hung up somewhere in the penis shaft.

My Rainbow Piggy Christian had this HUGE sperm rod. I just about managed to manipulate it out (very carefully). He had spinal arthritis so couldn't remove all the sperm rods for himself. I was quite used to removing them. It was almost a on a weekly basis 🤢 Though normally not as impressive as this one!

HUGE Sperm Rod.webp

Back