• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Spastic feet?

• Thread starter Thread starter baby-wilson
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baby-wilson

When we took basil to the vets a few weeks ago the vet mentioned he had spastic feet, I know that cindy has it too because her toes sort of curl or whatever...
Can anyone give me a bit of info about spastic feet?
Is it hereditary?

thanks heaps :)

awww your vet hasnt used a very nice term for the matter!..lol poor piggies!

one of mine had toes that curl slightly instead of being straight, is that tjhe same sort of thing?

Peggys toes sort of grow curled outwards, but when I rescued her the vet said its because her nails had never been cut, and her feet had grown like that to accomodate her long nails. I dont know if it can be a hereditary thing. I dont like the term your vet used much either!

spudnik said:
awww your vet hasnt used a very nice term for the matter!..lol poor piggies!

one of mine had toes that curl slightly instead of being straight, is that tjhe same sort of thing?

lol yeah... they sort of curl inwards... it doesnt effect the way they walk of anything though :)

iloveanimals - I will try to get a piccie on soon if I can :) Cindy has had it from the day I got her so its nothing recent lol :P

lol okay... ill have to wait till tomorow because its late at night so at some point tomorow... :P

nail_white.jpg

nail_black.jpg

I found these pics on Guinea Lynx... this is pretty much what their nails look like :)

They are just normal nails ? ? maybe a little too long thats all O0

Yeah, that happens to a couple of mine. Just got to keep trimming them when needed so they don't grow into the pad.

yeah but see how they curl a bit, well cindy and basils toes do that but a bit worse... I keep their nails trimmed so they dont have long nails.. theyre just like that

Wilson has 'normal' feet, and when he and cindy had babies, both Poppy and Patchouli had 'normal feet' too... so I was just wondering if it could be hereditary at all... obviously not with poppy and 'chouli but maybe in other cases?

They are normal feet O0
and i dotn think its hereditary it just depends how often you trim their nails etc O0 It also mainly happens in older piggies too its perfectly normal but justs need trimming a little bit 0:)

theyre not piccies of my pigges, i found them on the net... but Cindy and Basils are quite short lol

It is quite normal for the nails to curl under,especially in older piggies.Just keep them trimmed or filed down.

Yup, one of our boys has nails like this. We just make sure we keep them clipped down, but when the nails get a wee bit too long they can look awful! He's had them like this since we got him at the rescue.

I have piggies with nails like this and ones that curl round, I don't really think there is a 'normal' ::)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back