Sorry Guineapig Forum!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm ot really sure what to say, or whether I'll be banned again. That's right, I was banned. Last week. It's only just been uplifted. The thing is, me and a staff member were having a debate, they then say I am not experienced/mature. I said I am and the only reason why I was asking about routines is bevause I find comfort in them-due to my conditions. They then said that's ridiculous and I said I am reporting them for being rude and judgmental. I was then banned. For having my own say. I was very annoyed so my mum emailed them. Ok. So they then email back asking for my username to check it out. That's it...no more replies.
I just want to say, before you ban me again, please don't, that I am sorry for having a opinion and talking and that you could atleast bother replying to my mothers email. That's all I wanted to get out. I will be continuing on here as normal.

Emma--

Please don't take this the wrong way, Emma, but can you give us a ball park figure of how old you are? Just so I know who i am talking to on other threads :) I'm guessing if your Mum was getting involved it means you are a younger member, and sometimes that means we need to be sensitive to that.

You wern't the one that banned me...it was a staff member
I know but it's always useful for members to know as we may need to respond a little differently and remember that younger members have different experiences to the adult members.

Staff do their best to manage all difficult situations and sometimes they need to make sure people are safe and ok. Sometimes that means them not being on the forum for a while... We have rules and admin/staff to make sure everyone can enjoy their time on the forum and we need to respect their decisions in how they do that. They have a lot of people to think about. I have messaged @sport_billy so hopefully either him or one of the other admin (@Jerrybelly @lisaali) can make sure your mum's email hasn't been ignored and any issues are dealt with for you.

:agr:

AND I think it is very noble of you to start this thread .

I'm not sure what happened but, please put it behind you and ....

:wel:back !

HI Emma,

We were the staff members that asked your Mum for your username so that we could see, the reasons behind your temporary ban. It is not that we were ignoring the email, we have been extremely busy at work and haven't yet fully read all your posts. We will be replying to the email as soon as we can. You must understand that all staff members on the forum carry-out their duties on a voluntary basis and we will endeavour to respond as soon as we can.

Lisa & Ali..

Ah makes sense. I was about to call BS on the dismissal of medical conditions given how much mental health issues etc have been discussed on this forum in the past. What a delightful person this young girl will grow into

Going to close this thread now. A regrettable situation all round. An email will be sent to posters Mom explaining situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back