• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sore sow, down below !

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 1169
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1169

What could it be ? My little bub lilac sow is sore down below and red ! I just picked her up and had a look at her as shewas squeaking a little bit and noticed straight away. There is a slight bit of yellow discharge too - What could it be ?

Is it something to do with her urine ? 98)

Take her to a vet asap. Smother her nether regions with Bepanthen cream or similar if you have it (Kamilosan followed by Vaseline would be good). Could be nothing but get her checked, is she eating?

Edited to add: Clean her before you apply any cream.

Hi ive only got savlon ? is that any good and vaseline too ? 98)

Sounds a bit like urine scald. Is her cage kept very clean or are there wet patches? I agree with Karen - take her to the vet to find out what the true cause is.

no wet patches on her bum but cage is clean ? I'm confused only seen it today

Ahh thanks ill check on her in the morning - Hope shes ok ! :'(

Read the packet to see if it can be applied to broken skin, I can't remember. Savlon is OK I think (though I don't use it myself). Vaseline is fine. :)

Are all the other babies and piggies ok? Have you brought some new bedding Eg new batch of shavings/hay or anything different in the last few days? Hope everythings ok with your piggies.

All the other bubs or fine and shes the only sow in with the mum and her brothers. I changed their bedding and got rid of it and just put newspaper down for tonight and ill check her out tomorrow. :-\

iloveanimals said:
All the other bubs or fine and shes the only sow in with the mum and her brothers. I changed their bedding and got rid of it and just put newspaper down for tonight and ill check her out tomorrow. :-\

how old is she?

Hi shes about 2 weeks old !! so very young . The swelling has gone down a little and is pink now and not so red but still squeals when i wipe her :-\

my lois had sore below parts, but she was just over 5yrs at the time, i noticed she was a bit scabby down below, so took her to vets who gave me a cream thats used for dogs, i just had to apply twice a day and it cleared within a week, we think she had been scratching at herself making herself bleed through the soreness of it and that caused infection.

she may just be starting out with an infection of some sort..

i only noticed the scabbing when i saw a dab of blood on my t-shirt, i was bathing her before that because i noticed she was a little raw looking, i bather her with hibbiscrub diluted in warm water..id just take her to the vets and see what they say :)

thanks - will get some sudo crem as ive heard that before but i havent heard the others and dont no where to get them from ? ?

Bepathan is baby bottom cream and good stuff ;) do not use sudocrem as its not very good on sores Bepathan is what you need ;) boots sell it as do a lot supermarkets its about £3

OoOoh thanks - ive got savlon - so will get tomorrow some bepathon and some sudocrem ! O0 :D

You don't need Sudocream as well, Bepanthen is enough to put over the top :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back