• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sore lip

• Thread starter Thread starter Damonshumanslave
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Damonshumanslave

SoreLip3.jpg

SoreLip2.jpg

Sorelip1.jpg

This was Dave's lip last night. It has gone down a bit today though. Do you think it will heal ok? It hasn't been bleeding at all today, and looks clean and not so sore.

I think he did it fighting with Alex. I have separated them now, and suspect that their fighting is the real reason their owner wanted to get rid of them. Not because of moving house, like she said.

Just watch it doesn't get infected. Hopefully they'll settle :) It could just be the move and new surroundings thats done it. If it carries on try Rescue Remedy.

I thought the fighting was because they could smell my sows, so I moved them to my boyfriend's mum's house, and they started fighting even worse! I guess it can't be that. I've bought them home again and put them in separate cages.

What is rescue remedy?

Bachs rescue remedy, herbal mixture, for calming.
Chrissie at gorgeous guineas can probably tell you more about how to use it with piggies.
It may even be on the website.

Are they fighting badly? Most guineas will react to a change in someway- just not always fighting. They were in a new cage too. Could you try them back together?

Planet Guinea Newsletter has details of using Rescue Remedy and where to purchase online.

They are in separate cages but can see and smell each other. The rumbling and teeth chattering has stopped, but there is still a lot of wheeeeeking going on! My girls are quite noisy, and I think the noise is triggering the boys. This is probably the first time they've come across girl pigs. I was hoping to rehome them eventually, so it would be nice if they could go back together.

I'm going to try them again on nuetral ground tomorrow, and just try to get them back together gradually. Do you think thats the best idea?

I will read up on that link. Thanx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back