• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

sore in corner of mouth

• Thread starter Thread starter rachy
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rachy

Hi everyone

My young boar Ken has a raw, sore area by the edge of his mouth it looks a bit pussy. What could it be and what should I do? Could it be a sort of fungus I have read about this in my guinea pig book - any advice very much appreciated

rachel

get it to the vets to be on the safe side. I once had a pig with a sore mouth that turned into an abcess best catch it early.

hope hes ok ;)

I think Gorgeous Guineas do an oral gel now (Galens Garden products) you could try there as well as going to the vets.

They can get sores round their mouth due to acid in some fruits like apples, oranges etc, so these should be fed sparingly and cut up into small pieces but as has been said, best to check it out at the vets as could be something more serious.

Thanks for your advice the sore is scabby today but overall looking much better. If its still angry looking tomorrow I will take him to the vets. He has had watermelon for the 1st time recently maybe thats whats done it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back