• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sore feet

sam1

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all. just a quick question regarding our two piggies.
They live in a C+C cage set up and have a litter tray in corner with hay. We did use newspaper as a base in tray but now noticed front feet a little sore.
So weve now replaced with CandE Cosey pee pads ..... We think now weve got it right.

But paws still a little sore and slighty swollen . We did have some flamazine left from a previous piggy that had bumble foot .... So weve been bathing feet each morning - drying feet then adding cream.

Our question is , the flamazine has now ran out . Is there an alternative cream to use? The feet are looking so so much better .... but still think it would be good to add cream.

So any recommendations greatly received - Thankyou

Hi and welcome

Have the feet been seen by a vet or are you home treating?

Hi and welcome

Have the feet been seen by a vet or are you home treating?
no , as really were not that bad .... and have improved as soon as we replaced litter tray - hay on top of newspaper with now hay on top of pee pads.
And like i mentioned bathing.
If it was looking bad we would head straight to Ellie the guinea pig vet as shes only 45 mins away lol.

But yeah it was only really advise on what cream to use for a day or two.

no , as really were not that bad .... and have improved as soon as we replaced litter tray - hay on top of newspaper with now hay on top of pee pads.
And like i mentioned bathing.
If it was looking bad we would head straight to Ellie the guinea pig vet as shes only 45 mins away lol.

But yeah it was only really advise on what cream to use for a day or two.

I would recommend that you ring the clinic and ask them for their recommendation. Flamazine is now prescription-only.

Back