• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sore bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Rocky has a sore bottom from the diarrhoea. Can I put anything on - Nivea, paraffin 50-50, GG gel?

What about vaseline?

Give him lots of healing wheeks and kisses from us darling :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Lucinda said:
vasaline is the same as the paraffin, isn't it? ?

Is the paraffin 50/50 emusifying oint & liquid paraffin? If it is that should be ok, it be soothing on his skin.

Poor Rocky :( Sending him loves :smitten: :smitten:

I'd say def not Nivea - it stings on cracked skin (or does me)

ooops sorry, yes vaseline is like a paraffin, it's soothing and wont sting or nothing... O0
and yes i agree with you Niki any of those other creams sting...grrrrrrrr

I would use either Kamilosan or Bepanthen crean cream,the latter is probably the best as it will act as a barrier against the urine.Kamilosan though is safer if they ingest it,so maybe try that first.I would not put Vasaline or any other parrafin based ointment on my pigs.

OK thanks all. Rocky does seem a bit better today and we went back o the vet.

Maryh, Is bepathen poisonous then? Just wondering because I put it on fluffy's foot (she has bumblefoot) and it really helps. I didn't know it could be dangerous if ingested.

Thanks
Laure

Gorgeous Guineas Perfect Paws ointment is very good, I have a sow with open wounds on her pads and dry hard skin, PPO has softened it tremendously and is helping with healing.

i use tea tree oil and tea tree ointments, u can get them cheaply at the chemist, all natural, so nothing poisonous! tea tree is the answer to most of my irritating problems, lol ;D

Poor rocky. My piggys bottom was sore too but I didnt think I could put anything on it. I guess vaselin would have helped. Hugs to Rocky :smitten:

Bepanthen is not toxic but in an area that they can easily lick,Kamilosan would be just that bit safer.

I agree with Karen about the GG pad cream,it is realy good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back