• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Sooty. Bad news kinda..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Well he hasn't been getting any better so mum wanted to keep him in living room last night so she could get up and check on him and by this morning he was worse. So she went out for a bit and came back and he was even worse so she decided would be best to get him pts. Dad had to phone the vets to say she was bringing him down. She has just phoned to say they don't want to get him pts they would rather keep him in overnight on a drip. I know all ops carry a risk but they really let him out far too early and hasn't been right since. Vet thinks he's had a reaction to the anesthetic so the rest of his body is deteriorationg. They are going to put lots of fluids ect. with him. I'll post if anything else happens.

Oh no, sorry to hear that! Hope Sooty pulls through, sounds like they did let him out far too early. Keep us posted!

Thinking of you.

x

I'm sorry love i've been out all night at a school thing for my neighbours boy :smitten:
Gosh i'm so sorry to hear about Sooty i didn't realise he was sick :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
I know how hard it is when a piggie comes out of anaes and looks really really bad... bad believe me they can bounce back O0
If you feel up to it take a chance if not well the decision is up to you and the vets ......
Wishing you all the very best... :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I am sorry to hear about Sooty. :'(
It is good that the vets think it is worth trying, it means there is hope.
I will keep my fingers crossed that the drip does the trick.
(((((((((( Hugs ))))))))))
Anne. :)

Mums just off phone to vets. We can go pick him up at 10 to 7 tonight as he has improved from this morning. He has to go back down tomorrow tho. I think that's either to put him back on a drip or just to check him. I know he's not out of the woods yet but just glad he has picked up a bit.

I am glad to hear there is some improvement.The vet is right in trying to save him.I never allow pts if there is any chance.
What aneasthetic did the vet use?, it is very rare for a pig to have a reaction to Vesofluerine.
Sounds like you have a very caring mum.
Paws crossed for your piggy.

He's taken a turn for the worst again. He's had a seizure and any food he has been fed has had to be sucked out of his mouth. The vet is doing everything she can for him but she thinks he will take more. She can't figure out what it is that's wrong it's most likely neurological. His heart is stil going strong with no fluid around it. The vet would understand the seizures if that was the case. They are putting it down to the anesthetic unless it just happens to be he has had a neurological problem all along and it's just started now. Sti to go down at 10 to 7 but think he will get pts because he has been through enough this week and wouldn't be fair if he was to suffer any more. I'm not going to go with mum because I'm not well enough and don't think I could face seeing him suffering :'(

Sometimes its the best thing to do. I don't believe in putting them to sleep if there's a good chance of survival but I don't believe in putting them through lots if the outcome is very uncertain. Whatever you do it'll be for the best :)

karenrgpr said:
Sometimes its the best thing to do. I don't believe in putting them to sleep if there's a good chance of survival but I don't believe in putting them through lots if the outcome is very uncertain. Whatever you do it'll be for the best :)

I totally agree. Whatever happens my heart goes out to you and I'll be thinking of you and poor stig x

Hope he improves, what a difficult situation.

That's him gone.. Vet phoned again to say as soon as they diazepam wore off he wouldn't stop taking seizures. His stomach was full of air and he just wouldn't swollow. They think he's had a blood clot while under anesthetic and it's went to his brain and damanged a part of his brain. Vet said he hasn't saw anything like it before. He just put him to sleep instead of waiting for us to go down because it wouldn't be fair on him suffering any longer. RIP Sooty :'(

Sorry to hear you lost Sooty. It sounds like he had the best care and a lot of love. :smitten:

:'( :'( :'( I am so sorry to hear that sooty has passed away r.i.p little man

sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you at this sad time :'(

RIP Sooty

Oh, :'( :'( :'( , (((((((((( hugs )))))))))) I am so sorry to hear about Sooty.
RIP little one. 0:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back