Songmic

ClaudetteDoom

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Good afternoon!

I built my 4x2 C&C from the Songmic grids from Amazon. I'm after a few extra grids to build an extension, but they don't seem to sell in small amounts. Do others fit to them easily?

It would depend on what you use to join them together.
Cable ties are very flexible, and I have used them to put different types of grids together so this should work.

I've used the songmics grids and there's 2 thing to be aware of:
1- They typically have 7 bars across rather than 9 so that can make it a hazard for smaller pigs
2- They aren't as wide as the proper grids. Normal C&C grids are 14 inches wide but the songmics one (or the ones I have) are only 12 inches.

It would depend on what you use to join them together.
Cable ties are very flexible, and I have used them to put different types of grids together so this should work.
I have the connectors and cable ties because I'm a belt and braces kind of woman 😅

Those Songmic connectors are how I cracked my fingertip the other week, it snapped back at my finger with extreme prejudice, lol. As for buying the grids again though I've only ever seen them in the big packs, because that's what I bought two of.

I've used the songmics grids and there's 2 thing to be aware of:
1- They typically have 7 bars across rather than 9 so that can make it a hazard for smaller pigs
2- They aren't as wide as the proper grids. Normal C&C grids are 14 inches wide but the songmics one (or the ones I have) are only 12 inches.
Ah. Mine are 14 inches, and have a rectangular grid, 4x14 spaces.

Ah. Mine are 14 inches, and have a rectangular grid, 4x14 spaces.

This might be a stupid question, but how many do you need, and are you local to me? You don't have to say specifically where you are, but I have 9 of the grids not currently being used, and if you can pick them up you can have them.

This might be a stupid question, but how many do you need, and are you local to me? You don't have to say specifically where you are, but I have 9 of the grids not currently being used, and if you can pick them up you can have them.
Thats so kind, I'm in Kettering and I need 6 I think.

Back