• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Somethings wrong with Raggs

• Thread starter Thread starter minky
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

minky

Raggs has had what i call a cold the past few days yesterday she seemed a lot better but this morning she sounds really congested and her nose is very runny and her eyes look tired any ideas

Is this symptoms of a URI i cant find anything on google

Any ideas ?

get her checked out, sudafed is whats normally recomended not sure of the dose though

Ive just got back from the vets she is very congested and lots of medication to give her including the sudafed when i can find it went to asda for it but the pharmacist wasnt in so have to go back later, my shoppings being delivered between 11and 1 so have to wait now

so i have sudafed, bisolvon and some baytril

The vet loved Raggs said she was gorgeous !

Do i mix the bisolvon with water or just add it to the food ?

Hiya, Unless the vet said it is o.k.do not give Bisolven and Sudafed together.My personal choice would be sudafed,it has saved the life of one or two of my piggies.Bisolven is very similar but has more side effects.When I use sudafed I use the dose rate of 0.3 ml per day. Mary

Bisolvin can be given in powder form, I just put some on the tip of a spoon and give it that way, or you can add it to their cucumber.

Sudafed can be given 0.4ml daily for upto 5 days.

Hope Raggs feels better soon, she's a cutie alright! :)

Thanks folks

The Bisolvin is in Powder form and I'm to give her half a teaspoon with some veg, I got her sudafed as advised 0.2ml i shall space it out when i give it her anyway

I can only go by what she said, she is a member of the cavy trust so she was telling me which i was fascinated about they do seem to know a lot about them which I'm thankful for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back