Some People!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggies.eh?

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Arg! :hb:
So today I was doing a shopping trip and somehow found my way into the nearest petvalu. (pet stores here in Canada) There were 2 white males up for adoption. One long haired and one short haired. They were both white with red eyes, so cute!
Anyways,
I was browsing looking for more hay when these 2 girls and their mother came into the store. The girls came right to the cage and started awwing. Then the mother goes.....
"Ew! They have red eyes!"
In my head I was saying "WHAT! Just because they have red eyes doesn't mean that they are gross!"
Some people......
*sigh*

There does seem to be a prejudice against animals with red eyes. One of my piggies has red eyes, which I'm pretty sure is why no one wanted him and his companion. Still, they're both happy little chaps with me now, so they got their happy ending.

i was suprisedvwhen i discovered some people dont like the red eyes. i picked Ruby because of her eyes and would go for red eyes over dark ones if i had a choice. i have noticed that when outside in summer Ruby does squint wheras the others dont. i put this down to red eyes but could just be her. i have blue eyes and thelight really affects me due to the light pigment of them.

Jon will squint if the sun shines in his eye, so I leave the curtains drawn a bit so there's no direct beams of sun that goes on him.

I love red eyed or pink eyed animals.Have taken on red eyed hamsters cos no-one wanted them and have a few red eyed pigs.

I think pink/ruby eyes are very cute ^-^ Juicy-Lucy has Ruby eyes. We have a gerbil at work in the adoption centre who has been there for a long time, because he has ruby eyes. Customers call him 'evil' :( Very cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back